Resume of Dr. P. J. Mazumdar
|Name||:||Palash Jyoti Mazumdar|
|Date of birth||:||1st March 1971|
|Qualifications||:||(1) HSLC 1987 |
(2) HS 1989
(3) M.B.B.S 1994
(4) MS in ENT 2001
|1987||HSLC||Board of Secondary Education Guwahati||Don Bosco High School, Guwahati||79.2%||First|
|1989||HS||Assam Higher Secondary Education Council||Cotton College||84.3%||First|
|1991||1st MBBS||Guwahati University||Guwahati Medical College||62.1%||First|
|1993||2nd MBBS||Guwahati University||Guwahati Medical College||60.3%||First|
|1994||Final MBBS||Guwahati University||Guwahati Medical College||62.9%||First|
|2001||MS ENT||Guwahati University||Guwahati Medical College||Not applicable||not applicable|
Relevant Academic distinctions
Experience and details
(1) Completed the Post-Graduate M.S course in M.S, E.N.T, Guwahati Medical College with the qualification to practise as an ENT surgeon.
(2) Selected as the ‘Best PG candidate’ in the MS examination of Guwahati University in 2001 and awarded certificate and award from the Guwahati University.
(3) As part of my studies, presented a Thesis on ‘ Role of Dietary and Local Habits in Carcinoma of Larynx and Laryngopharynx’ with the aim of identifying the influence of such habits, specially Betel nut and Tobacco chewing as causative factors in Carcinoma Larynx and Laryngopharynx, which is the most common cancer in this region.
(4) Worked as Senior Resident in Advance Neuroscience Hospital, Kahilipara, for a period of one year where I acquired training in Neurosurgery along with my professional practise as ENT surgeon.
(5) Worked in downtown hospital as RMO, ENT from 18.11.02 to 15.06.2005. During this period, besides my clinical duties and other academic activities, I have also attained the following qualifications.
(6) Published two papers ‘Role of BERA in Neonatates’ and ‘Study of Ultra High Frequency submucosal diathermy of Inferior Turbinates’ in the Annual Nebaoicon journals of 2003 and 2004.
(7) Working in two ongoing research studies, ‘Use of Throat swab C&S in clinical improvement in chronic pharyngitis’ and ‘A study of surface and core C&S of tonsils’ in downtown hospital.
(8) Underwent training in Neurotology and Audiology and Audiovestibulometric tests in the 6th course on Neurotology and Audiology held in Kolkutta in November ’ 04.
(9) Worked as Consultant ENT surgeon since 15.06.2005 till date in downtown Hospitals. During this period I regularly see 10– 15 ENT OPD patients and perform many ENT surgeries regularly. I regularly do septoplasty, myringoplasty, mastoid exploration, FESS, microlaryngeal surgery, etc.
(10) I also head the Audiology clinic and Vertigo clinic in my institute and supervise audiological investigations including BERA and ENG.
(11) Trained in Hair transplantation in Ahmedabad and Delhi and Head of the Downtown Hair Transplant clinic since inception.
List of articles
Arogyam Hair Transplant Clinic takes several steps to ensure that quality is maintained for each and every patient. The key to quality maintenance is to implement quantizable quality standards and maintain proper documentation and review of processes. Downtown Hospital is an ISO 9001:2008 and NABH accredited hospital which demands strict adherence to quality control.Steps taken are:
100% safety assurance: all procedures are done in the main OT of Downtown Hospital with its full complement of anesthesiologists and critical care specialists. Hence patients are assured of full safety standards at the same level as that of major surgeries including transplant surgeries.
100% sterilization assurance: since procedures are done in the major OT full sterilization is maintained. Fumigation is done every week and swab tests are done to check for contamination.
Best instrumentation: Arogyam Hair Transplant Clinic uses the best available instruments like 6X Heine Loupe for precision and accuracy, Blunt Titanium punches which avoids damage and transection of the grafts, Choi implanters to standardise the process of planting and prevent damage during planting, Major OT level sterilization, fumigation and autoclaving of all instruments, etc.
Efficiency count: Efficiency counts for FUE like transection rates and speed of transplant are noted and documented for each case and reviewed every 10 cases. Arogyam Hair Transplant achieves international standards of transection and speed consistently.
Correct recepient density: To ensure correct recepient density, 'density stamps' are used to ensure proper density is achieved. Angle and direction of hair is meticulously maintained.
Out of body time: The out of body time, the time for which the graft is outside the body, is the most critical factor for success in hair transplant. Aroyam Hair Transplant follows a special procedure to ensure that this time is the minimum. This is done by doing only 500-600grafts at a time and then replanting them. This ensures that time out of body is less than or equal to1 hour only. This is the shortest period acheivable. Many centers do upto 2000-2500 grafts at a time so that time out of body goes upto 4-5 hours. We are proud of our time out of body quantum. Though this may cause some sacrifice of time but results are more important.
Follow up: follow up period is critical for the patient when there are many doubts and anxieties in his mind. In our clinic, Dr. P. J. Mazumdar will remain always accessible to the patient directly on his personal cell for any questions the patient may have during this period.
The academic certificates of Dr. P. J. Mazumdar may be examined here: Academic Certificates. His resume can be perused here: Resume. To find the contact address and other details, go to Contact. The blog contains various blog posts mainly on Hair Transplant. The Forum is where questions can be asked. To see photos of hair transplant cases done in Downtown Hair transplant clinic, go to Gallery. The Blog, Forum and Gallery pages are still under construction, please revisit after about a month.
By Palash Mazumdar